We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our home based 7 bedroomed bed and breakfast. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
We are afraid that due to the age and style of the property we are not wheelchair accessible.
All our rooms sleep two adults only, we cannot accept children.
• The train station is 10 minutes walk away. If you have heavy luggage it is advisable to take a taxi.
• There is a local taxi service Telephone 01947 600606 or 600600
• We have a web site which shows where we are situated in Whitby.
• You can contact us by phone 01947 602945, Mobile 07940335001 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• On arrival to the property there is on street parking by
permit which you can obtain from us at a cost of £1.60 which will allow you
to park in front of the house and in the streets around us. The signs on the
street will have a W in a black box and also say 3 hour disc parking. You
can park for a maximum of 4 days with the permit. There are also several pay
and display car parks nearby.
• We can assist guests with luggage
• The town is a few minutes walk from the bed and breakfast as is the pier, sand and sea and the Pavillion.
Main Entrance & Reception
• There are 8 steps to the front door plus 1 step at the front door.
• There is a bell to the left of the front door which is usually open. There is also a bell to the left of the inner glass door which is self closing.
• The hallway is carpeted and there is a console table to rest on to complete the registration form.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• From the hall on the ground floor there is another fire door which leads to 2 ground floor bedrooms and a small lounge . It also leads to 3 stairs a small landing and a further 13 stairs to the lower ground floor breakfast room.
• The floor covering on the landings and stairs is short pile carpet.
• The lounge has a sofa, arm chair and one upright chair. There is tourist information on display. The iron is kept in the cupboard in the lounge.
Public Areas - WC
• Bedrooms are en-suite and there is no public WC available.
• Breakfast is served, 8.30am to 9am, in the dining room on the lower ground floor.
• There are individual tables for each room.
• Chairs have high backs and no arms
• The floor is carpeted
• There are 7 bedrooms, 2 on the ground floor, 2 on the first floor and 3 on the second floor.
• Ground floor bedrooms
• Both have en-suite shower rooms, television with remote control and fitted short pile carpets.
• One has a double bed, height 47cm., 2 upright chairs and bedside cabinets to each side of the bed.
• The other room has a King size four poster bed height 57cm. There is a 2 seater leather sofa and an upright chair.
• First floor bedrooms
• Both have en-suite rooms with bath and a mixer shower attachment . Television with remote control.
• One is very spacious with a double bed height 50 cm. There are large lamp tables on both sides of the bed, a 3 seater leather sofa and 2 upright chairs.
• The other room has a king size four poster bed, height 57cm., large bed side tables on both sides and 2 leather high backed chairs.
• Second floor rooms.
• All have en-suite shower rooms, television with remote control, a double bed height 50cm. and have fitted carpets.
• 2 rooms have comfortable seating areas.
• The other room is smaller and has window seats.
• Part of the ceiling slopes in 2 of the rooms near to the window.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• En-suite rooms may vary in size but the majority are spacious.
• All are carpeted plus thick cotton bath mats and pedestal mats.
• Rubber nonslip mats are provided in the en-suite rooms with a bath.
Grounds and Gardens
• Although the Bed & Breakfast does not have grounds, there is a public green area opposite the house. There are many seats where you can sit and enjoy the view towards the abbey, the sea and the pier.
• A totally NO SMOKING policy exists inside Lavinia House.
• Address: Lavinia House
• 3 East Crescent, Whitby, North Yorkshire,YO21 3HD
• Telephone: 01947 602945
• Mobile 07950204168
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: https://www.laviniahouse.co.uk
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone or email